Over the years there have been many different ways of following wedding traditions. For example take something borrowed. Many brides use earrings, necklaces, or bracelets from close friends and family as well as having used a passed down wedding gown worn by generation after generation.
There are so many traditions to keep track of that sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, but have no fear! Here are some wedding traditions you can skip on.
1. It has to be white!: No it doesn’t. More and more brides are actually staying away from the color white when purchasing their wedding gown. When shopping for your wedding dress remember that not all skin tones look great in white. Some are just made for ivory, champagne, rose and cafe colors. There is nothing wrong with those colors. So don’t be surprised when you fall for the wedding gown of your dreams, and it’s in a color other than white.
2. A blusher is a must have!: No it’s not. In fact you don’t even have to wear a veil. You don’t want to hide your gorgeous face, and you don’t want to miss seeing your fiance cry while you walk down the aisle. No matter how badly your mother want to see her little princess in a veil and blusher, it’s your day, and either way she will think you’re gorgeous. Wear a flower, head band, or even a bird cage. Just remember your blusher is not set in stone.
3. “Bridal Chorus” by Wagner: Did you see the youtube video of the couple dancing down the aisle to Forever by Chris Brown? If you haven’t and are concerned your aisle walking song is pretty out there, go watch the video.I assure you, you will change your mind. Have your favorite love song playing, or even the song that played when you and fiance first met. Anything that has sentimental meaning to you will be perfect.
4. They have to be matching!: They really don’t. If it’s your vision to see your bridesmaids all in one dress then that’s one thing, but if you were told they have to be then you were misinformed. Although it’s easier to just have one set dress, it doesn’t have to be that way. Let your bridesmaids’ personalities shine through. They won’t over do you, but they will feel like themselves. Remember just because your bridesmaids are in different dresses doesn’t mean they have to be in different colors. You can still have them match through the same shade of your wedding color. Match or unmatched, it’s all up to you.
5. Dainty Accessories: If you love big sparkle, then by all means show it! You don’t have to wear dainty pearl earrings with a thin matching necklace. Bling it up, if thats what you love! Wear a stunner of a necklace and the sparkliest chandelier earrings you have ever seen. Just one word of advice. You don’t want to have everyone’s eyes on the accessories. You want them to see you, the bride, wearing them. Not them wearing you.