When it comes to shopping for a wedding dress, you always have to pick out an option that you know you will look good in. But with the number of different dress styles available, it can get confusing trying to identify each option to go with. For starters, you have to understand how important a silhouette is in your wedding dress. How do you find one that will work best with your body type? Which option will look best on you? Here is a short guide on the most common wedding dress silhouettes available:
- A-List: This is part of a fitted bodice that reaches the waist. Beneath the waist area, the material of the dress flows to the ground to resemble the outline of a capital ‘A.’ This option is ideal for any body type.
- Ballgown: If you would like to feel like a princess on your wedding day, look for a dress that has a ballgown silhouette. This type of dress usually has a fitted bodice, flared waist, and a full skirt. While it is ideal for most body types, it is recommended for pear shapes. For petite brides, this is not a suggestion option as the skirt may overwhelm a small frame.
- Mermaid: This type of silhouette has a fit material from the chest to the knee area. Beyond the knee, it flares out to resemble the fin of a mermaid. This is a silhouette ideal for those with an hourglass body shape and slender frame.
- Modified A-Line: Compared to the A-Line silhouette, the modified A-line has a dress that fits closer to the body.
- Sheath: This is a dress that has a narrow shape, which flows straight down, starting from the neckline to the hem. The sheath silhouette is ideal for lean frames, petites, and hourglass shapes.
- Tea-Length: Ideal for all body types, this type of dress has a skirt that falls anywhere between the ankle and the knee.
- Trumpet: Considered as a combination between an A-line and Mermaid cut, this is a silhouette that fits women with small waists. Dresses with a trumpet silhouette are fitted through the body and flares in the mid-thigh area.
Determine the right silhouette you want to use for your wedding dress by finding out what your body shape is. If you’re still trying to find your wedding dress, you can visit our website for some options you can go with.